Critical services for emerging issues
From protecting your identity and recovering unclaimed funds to providing medical assistance when traveling 100 or more miles from home, OneBeacon Services offers critical benefits to member organizations, employer groups and other affinity relationships. These services offer members and employees protection from a number of growing and emerging issues.
Services are available on an international basis and can be purchased through specialty producers and specific affinity relationships.
These services are provided through OneBeacon Services, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of OneBeacon Insurance Group, LLC. Some services offered through OneBeacon Services may be provided by third-party vendors.
AIM Asset Recovery
Locating unclaimed funds just got easier
Did you know that state agencies are holding billions of dollars in unclaimed property and money? And did you know that when contact with the owner of unclaimed property is lost—typically due to death, an unreported address change, or the expiration of a postal forwarding order, the state considers the assets abandoned?
When owners or heirs fail to claim the money over a specified number of years, known as the dormancy period, those left holding the abandoned funds—including banks, stock brokers, utilities, employers, life insurance companies and others—transfer the funds to a government unclaimed property trust account. Virtually no effort is made to find the rightful owners and the process can be complicated and frustrating if the rightful owners try to navigate the system on their own.
AIM Asset Recovery is a unique program designed to assist in recovering unclaimed funds. In fiscal year 2007, $1.75 billion was returned to the rightful owners across the country. Funds can come from a variety of sources including:
- Insurance proceeds
- Uncashed checks or stale-dated checks
- Tax refunds and overpayments
- Dormant bank accounts
- Lost stock certificates
Member organizations and employer groups can opt to provide this unique benefit to their members and employees.
How does the service work?
The user is required to complete an online form that provides a history of past physical addresses and an email address. Once the form is completed and submitted, an email will be generated indicating the timeline needed to locate funds. If funds are recovered, the user will be notified by email.
Where does this money come from?
The funds we locate come from a variety of sources. Anything from dormant bank accounts to lost tax refunds can show up in our searches. Most of the funds found are currently being held by government agencies.
Why can't I get this money myself?
Frankly, if you could, you probably already would have. AIM Asset Recovery Program is a sophisticated research resource with superior retrieval techniques that allow AIM Asset Recovery the ability to locate and recover these cash assets. On your own, you would have to first locate the source of the funds and then go through the entire recovery process. AIM Asset Recovery provides the experience and specialized knowledge needed to be successful.
Traveling away from home... prepare for the unforeseen
As a service holder of Travel Assistance & Security Assistance Services, you have the power to manage unforeseen circumstances while traveling 100 or more miles from home. This program helps you deal with the uncertainty of what to do in the event you become sick or injured, and provides medical, personal and informational assistance to travelers.
Key Travel Assistance Services
- Medical Assistance
- A global network of medical facilities and physicians
- Worldwide medical and dental referrals
- Hospital admission guarantee
- Facilitation of hospital payment
- Medical monitoring to ensure that the best possible care is provided
- Medical evacuation to the nearest hospital to provide an appropriate level of care
- Repatriation to home or a long-term care facility
- Return of mortal remains
- Return of dependent children or traveling companion
- Replacement prescriptions
- Emergency travel arrangements
- Pre-travel advice
- And more
- Replacement of lost or stolen documents and tickets
- Legal referral
- Bail bond assistance
- Emergency messaging
- Translation and interpretation
- Emergency advance of funds
- Lost baggage services
- Informational Assistance
- Pre-travel information
- Passport and visa information
- Weather, cultural differences and exchange rate
- Travel and health advisories
- Inoculation and immunization
Employees traveling or relocating to foreign countries face a growing threat of personal security risks due to terrorism, political unrest and crime. Knowing how to plan, where to safely travel and what to do when confronted with an unexpected situation can be challenging. For a company, knowing how to manage the security issues of employees and global workforces before they happen can often mean the difference between a positive and negative outcome in an emergency situation. Without an experienced network of security professionals in place, employers are faced with increased liability when traveling employees confront a security emergency and need help.
Security Assistance provides a global network of experienced professionals to help deal with the uncertainty of what to do when a traveler's security is threatened 100 miles or more from home. Our security assistance delivers risk management protection to help ensure that international travelers and global workforces have access to a host of professional resources in the event of terrorism, political unrest or crime. The result is safer employees, improved productivity, reduced employer liability and reduced costs. These services also reduce the burden of managing emergency situations from a company's human resources or risk management department.
Benefits may include:
- Global intelligence and monitoring
- Travel locator services
- Personal protection services
- Secure global ground transportation
- Emergency response and crisis management
Identity Management Services
Protect yourself against one of the fastest growing crimes in America
Did you know that an identity is stolen every 79 seconds? Now you can protect yourself and your family against the unforeseen consequences of identity theft. Identity Management Services include access to Identity Theft and Resolutions Services as well as Single Bureau Credit Monitoring.
Commonly offered as an employee benefit or through a member organization, this OneBeacon Services option will entitle you to access nine programs to better manage exposure to identity theft. From aiding in the resolution of an identity theft to safeguarding the records of a deceased spouse, you are granted access to a dedicated fraud specialist that can help remove the guess work-and the leg work-out of the actions needed.
The following can be included in the OneBeacon Services package:
Identity Theft Resolution Services:
Assigns a personal advocate to victims, guiding them through the entire process of restoring their identity.
- Dedicated Fraud Specialists - Advocate works with all relevant parties, from credit bureaus and collection agencies to law enforcement and government. Full year of active follow-up is included
- Notification of Businesses, Agencies and Institutions - Specialists will prepare all correspondence necessary to notify all relevant parties of the fraud. They will create and maintain a comprehensive case file for each victim. Also includes assistance with placing fraud alerts and freezes on their credit reports, as well as enrolling in state identity theft passport programs.
- Proactive Tools and Monitoring Services - Victim will receive a full year of credit monitoring, including a 3 in 1 credit report and an additional year of active follow-up, as well as fraud monitoring of over 1,000 public record databases at no cost.
Proactive Identity Services:
Pairs state-of-the-art monitoring that detects early signs of theft with on-demand access to a fraud specialist.
- Proactive Fraud Alerts and Credit File Freezes - Notifying potential credit grantors to check with the customer before extending new credit. Alerts will opt the customer out of most marketing lists.
Medical Identity Services:
Designed to assist victims of a unique type of identity fraud. Working within the limits of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), service deals with:
- Collection agencies
- Insurance companies
- Government agencies
- Law enforcement
- Health care providers
Identity Travel Services:
Helping to recover lost or stolen documentation, while avoiding potential fraud.
- Document Replacement and Travel - Advocates are on call 24/7 to facilitate the replacement of passports, visas, driver's licenses and state identification, immigration and other identity documents. The personal advocate works to get the traveler back on track with minimal delay. Even after the traveler is safely home, the advocate stays on the case until all issues are resolved and all documents restored.
- Access to Financial Institutions and Records - The traveler's personal advocate works with family and friends to send emergency funds through secure channels, while working with the victim to protect financial, credit and identity data. The specialist also helps ensure uninterrupted access to bank, credit union, brokerage and credit card accounts, as well as credit files and any needed documentation.
- Central Communications Hub - The travelers personal advocate acts as a relay point for messages to relatives, friends and neighbors, and an efficient single point of contact for communicating with government agencies, financial institutions, employers and other key figures in the recovery process. Travelers can call toll-free from over 35 countries worldwide.
Disaster Recovery Services:
Disaster Recovery Services: Designed to help disaster victims in recapturing the critical documents needed to rebuild their lives.
- Document Replacement and Authentication - Facilitates replacement of driver's license, state ID cards, Social Security cards, birth certificates, marriage licenses, divorce decrees, passports, visas, property deeds, etc.
- Central Communications Hub - Advocate acts as a relay point for relatives, and a single point of contact for government agencies, employers and financial institutions.
- Access to Financial Institutions and Records - Works with family and friends to send emergency funds through secure channels, and ensures uninterrupted access to financial institutions.
Estate Identity Services:
Focuses on reducing the potential for fraud perpetrated through the misuse of deceased's personal information. Guides surviving spouse in safeguarding own identity as well as loved ones.
- Copy of Loved One's Credit Report
- Clarification of Existing Credit Accounts - will also be checked for embedded life insurance benefits
- Systematic Notification of Credit Bureaus - locking down identity of deceased
- Notification to All Credit Issuers
- Account Assistance - obtaining marriage certificates, birth certificates, death certificates and certificates of discharge from the military
Identity Relocation Services:
Designed to help keep a move worry-free, whether an employee loses sensitive data or documents, suffers a stolen identity, or wants to keep identity safe during the move.
- Access to Financial Institutions and Records - Protect data during move
- Replacement of Missing Documents
- Central Communications Hub
- Proactive Tools and Monitoring Services
Child Risk Identity Services:
Designed to assist parents whose children under the age of 18 are at risk of identity theft, as it can take years before the theft of a child's identity is detected.
- Credit File Protection - Until the child reaches the age of 18
- Removal of Fraudulent Information
Military Identity Services
Reduces the likelihood of identity fraud for active duty military personnel. Military personnel are at a heightened risk of identity fraud, especially when stationed abroad. They are targeted because the crime is likely to go undiscovered longer.
- Proactive Steps to Reduce Identity Fraud
- Active Duty Fraud Alert - 12 month period
- Marketing List Opt-Out - Removed for two year period
Single Bureau Credit Monitoring:
Provides a sophisticated, comprehensive monitoring system to alert the customer to credit score inquiries, new credit requests and other activity affecting their credit file. The service will provide immediate email notification of any changes to your credit records. In the event of suspicious activity, you can take immediate action with the Identity Theft Resolution Services.
Discount Prescription Plan
Use our Discount Prescription Plan today!
In an effort to make prescription drugs more affordable, OneBeacon Services offers a Discount Prescription Plan that is designed to give users access to more than 11,000 generic and 5,000 brand prescription drugs at over 53,000 pharmacies. Any individual with limited or no prescription drug coverage can benefit from this prescription drug savings card. Individuals who have an existing plan may still find the card useful, as it can discount medications that are not covered by their health plan.
Unlike other OneBeacon Services options, YOU CAN BEGIN USING THE SERVICE TODAY. No registration. No fee. No forms to fill out. Just print the Discount Prescription card and access the Pharmacy Locator to search for a participating pharmacy in your area.
How does the service work?
OneBeacon Services' online pricing tool, which is powered by Agelity, gives you the ability to compare prices by specific pharmacy location. The price that is paid is the negotiated discounted price or the pharmacy's sale price, whichever is lower. This assures that members are getting the lowest possible price. The card is valid at all major chain pharmacies and many independent pharmacies nationwide.
All FDA approved brand and generic prescription medications are covered. The OneBeacon Discount Drug Plan has over 11,000 generic drugs available to card holders with discounts up to 40%.
To use the Discount Prescription Plan, you simply need to:
- Select a pharmacy/Find a price: The card is valid at thousands of locations nationwide. Use the location and pricing tool provided at http://onebeacon.agelity.com to find a participating pharmacy near you and identify pricing information for your prescription medications.
- Submit prescription: Simply present your prescription to the pharmacist. You can even transfer a prescription just by bringing an empty prescription bottle or label to the pharmacy.
- Show the card: Give the prescription drug savings card to the pharmacist each time a prescription order is placed. The card contains special computerized instructions that provide the pharmacy with the appropriate discounted rate. When the card information is entered, the price on the prescription is discounted based on the pharmacy's negotiated price.
And that's it. Once the prescription is filled, you will immediately receive the discounted price and save.
Security Breach Response Services
Concerned about a breach in security? We have your organization covered. Database compromise has become an increasingly complex issue for today's organizations and companies. New statutes and regulations, as well as increased litigation, are causing concern among most operations. Two facts are undeniable:
- Your organization can be significantly exposed to financial risk if it is an institution without a fully compliant incident response solution.
- Protracted response times — which act as an invitation to litigation — will no longer be tolerated.
Security Breach Services provide a compliant Incident Response Plan and can mitigate the risk of future liabilities. As an enhancement to the Identity Management Services package, as a standalone service or as part of the accident plans provided by OneBeacon Accident Group, Security Breach Services are provided for active employee records. An additional fee will be required for customer records as well as other personnel records (terminated, retired) that are compromised above the active employee records.
- Regulatory Library - Participating institutions are given password-protected access to a Regulatory Library. The Library is one of the most comprehensive sources of legal information and regulatory requirements that focus on contemporary privacy issues, data protection and breach response.
- Consulting Services - From the moment a participating institution believes that a breach situation may exist, we provide unrestricted access to the Breach Response managers: Privacy Legal Counsel and Director of Fraud Operations. Both are highly experienced in dealing with security breach situations.
- Secure Communications - In most cases, these services include the design and implementation of Web site-specific solutions. These platforms are public-restricted and password-protected, and are used to enhance communications to database members in the event of a compromise.
- Media Interface - A point-by-point action plan is created to respond to media inquiries, anticipate public relations concerns and manage the flow of information to address the needs of those affected while limiting negative effects on your organization.
- Discounted Pricing on Optional Products - Gifted products that can optionally be made available to compromised individuals include credit monitoring and fraud monitoring services. International security breach response programs are priced separately and are not included in the standard service.