Effective: January 1, 2020
- Children’s Privacy
Our Website is not intended for children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 18 on the Website. Children under the age of 18 should not provide any Personal Information to or on the Website. If you are under 18 do not use or provide any information on this Website. In accordance with the Child Online Privacy Protection Act, if we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and use of their Personal Information. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
- Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
Information We Collect From You
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you apply for insurance coverage, submit a claim, apply for a job, send us an e-mail, fill out forms, or otherwise interact with our Website. The types of information we collect directly from you may include information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, social security number, your date of birth, your current occupation and employment history, medical information, and financial account information (“Personal Information”).
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website; and
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include Personal Information, or we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties (see Third-Party Tracking and Analytics below). This information helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Adobe’s Flash Player Help site.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email, to monitor how users navigate the Website, to count how many links that were clicked were actually reviewed, to record the popularity of certain website content, to verify system and server integrity, and to gather other related Website statistics.
- Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Website, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your device from our web server or a third-party service provider, is active only while you are connected to the Website, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
- Browser Fingerprinting. Browser fingerprinting is a process we may use that involves the collection and analysis of information from your device, such as, without limitation, your operating system, plug-ins, system fonts and other data, for purposes of identification.
- ETag, or Entity Tag. An ETag or Entity Tag is an opaque identifier assigned by a web server to a specific version of a resource found at a URL. If the resource content at that URL ever changes, a new and different ETag is assigned. Used in this manner, ETags allow us to identify your device. ETag tracking may generate unique tracking values even where the consumer blocks HTTP, Flash, and/or HTML5 cookies.
California residents may have additional rights regarding the collection and use of their Personal Information. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
Some content or applications on the Website may be served by third parties. These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use our Website. The information they collect may be associated with your Personal Information or they may collect information, including Personal Information, about your online activities over time and across different websites and other online services. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
- Online Payments
- How We Use Your Information
We may use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including Personal Information, for a number of purposes, including:
- To underwrite and administer insurance coverage;
- To adjust insurance claims;
- To present our Website and its contents to you;
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- To obtain and administer benefits available to our employees;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- To assess job applications and make hiring decisions;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- To protect against fraud;
- To analyze the financial performance of our insurance business;
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- To market our services;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- For any other purpose, with your consent.
- Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose Personal Information that we collect from you or about you:
- To our affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business, including vendors we retain to provide claim such as IT vendors, law firms, claims adjusters and medical providers;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us is among the assets transferred;
- To insurance brokers and agents;
- To insurance regulators and other federal, state and local governments and agencies;
- To statistical rating and insurance advisory organizations;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- With your consent.
- Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the OneBeacon. If you do not wish to have us use your contact information to promote our own or third-parties' products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to us as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
California residents may have additional rights and choices regarding the collection and use of their Personal Information. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
- Accessing and Correcting Your Information
If you have created a user account on our Website, You can review and change your Personal Information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
California residents may have additional rights and choices regarding the Collection and Use of their Personal Information. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
- Users Outside of the United States
Our Website is operated in the United States and intended for users located in the United States. The privacy and data protection laws in the United States differ from those of other countries. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that the information that we collect will be transferred to and processed, stored, and used in the United States, and that by using our Website, you consent to such transfers and processing.
- Data Security
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone or reuse your password for another account.
Unfortunately, no transmission of information via the internet is completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to us, either through our Website or by other means. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
- Contact Information